What I Do:
- I will set up a web hosting account on our web server for your registered Domain name. I want to use our server because it is fast, and I will not have a learning curve with regards to the quirks of another person’s server, or dealing with a middle man if there’s a server problem. I don’t charge for the server for the first year and it is $12.49 (when paid by the year) thereafter. The plan will be the deluxe plan, which is more than enough for most all race track web sites — but we have reasonable rates if your needs go beyond that of a web site.
- I will set up all of the email accounts you desire when I set up your account. You will have access to add and remove email addresses.
- I will install Word Press on your hosting account and update it to the latest version. I use Word Press as the web engine because it is powerful, highly customizable, easy to use once set up, and has more feature addons that any other web engine. It’s blog style front page is perfect for race tracks. In addition to ease of use, it is very secure when compared to other web engines. Word Press frequently publishes updates to prevent hacking and to add more features. Upgrading is as simple as clicking the upgrade link when you’re notified of the availability of an upgrade. It really is just that simple.
- I have a collection of addons that I will install and configure to give you any or all of the features you see on this sample web site. I’ve tried hundreds and narrowed them down to the couple dozen that are truly good, and learned which ones are bad news.
- I will apply some custom programming changes I’ve created to make Word Press operate even better.
- After a consultation with you, I will create a theme with the colors you desire, and give you the ability to change any of the colors (using a simple color picker) in the future.
- After a consultation with you, I will create a custom header from your supplied photo, giving you the look you desire.
- I will enable the sidebar widgets you desire, and place them in the order you desire.
- I will create advertising banners for up to ten of your advertisers/sponsors, and put them in the side bar using the order of your choice
- I will create a custom background image for your site
- I will create a Favicon.ico and upload it to your hosting account
- I will install and configure a Search Engine Optimization module to improve your site’s search rankings
- I will install and configure a statistics program that will tell you more information than you want to know about the visitors to your site. Where they live, what same they came from, how long the where on your site, what they looked at while on the site, about their computer, what site they went when they left.
- Stand ready to answer your questions
- I’ll create your contact page with a contact form having CATCHA — to reduce spam
- I’ll create a directions page with a Google map and an Satellite image (if available) of your track
- I will create a Facebook page for your track (if you don’t already have one, having a banner with the same look & feel of your site.
- I will create a Facebook widget that will bring your site’s visitors to your Facebook page and click LIKE.
What You Do:
What you need to do is add the context of your site.
- You need to provide the image you want me to make the header banner from. (1)
- You need to tell me what colors you want the site.
- You need to add the text for your front page and the events. Again this is real easy and we’ll walk you through the process.
(1) The below is the photo I used to create the banner for this Sample Race Track Web Site.